Here are ten perspectives on politics that I never said but find worth a thought or two. If you really care who did say them, check on QuoteGarden.com where I found them.
1. Before you can begin to think about politics at all, you have to abandon the notion that there is a war between good men and bad men.
2. Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.
3. Mud-slinging – In politics, anything bad the opponent says about our candidate; in contrast, when our candidate does this, it is called ‘making a good point.’
4. Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.
5. Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country — and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians.